Monday 1 April 2013



My Discharge from Hospital

I stayed in hospital for one night and was sent home the next day after my mastectomy with a bag to collect excess fluids. That night, I got home (Friday) Jim, me and my ma spent the whole night just watching the bag.

We all came to the conclusion, the bloody bag was not working. So, straight back to hospital that night at 11.30 pm to get the bag replaced. I was re-admitted to the medical award were the doctor and nurse was not familiar with this type of bag so Jim, the doctor, the nurse and I all worked together to replace the bag. What a carry on!

I was then send home with a new bag and two pairs of sock to prevent blood clots.

This is how I was send home from hospital:



My face is very round in this picture for several reasons. The main reason being that I was given steriods during my chemo - that made my face looked bloated and annother reason is my love of beer, crisps and the occassional takeway. Ha!!! Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment